1.2 By you, We mean any entity, individual, user, or any person interacting with the Mobile Application (“User”, “You” or “Your”).
2.2 You may not install the Mobile Application, upload, or share any information, including user content to Fanera, through the Mobile application, if You do not agree to the terms herein.
2.3 This website is not intended for minors, and We do not knowingly collect data relating to minors.
5. Third-Party Links
6. Data We Collect
6.1 Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified (either directly or indirectly). It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
6.2 We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about You which We have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from You and other details of products and services You have purchased from Us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, Your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices You use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes Your username and password, purchases or orders made by You, Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how You use Our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes Your preferences in receiving marketing from Us and Our third parties and Your communication preferences.
7. Failure to provide personal data
Where We need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract We have with You, and You fail to provide that data when requested, We may not be able to perform the contract We have or are trying to enter into with You. In this case, We may have to cancel a product or service You have with Ys, but We will notify You if this is the case at the time.
8. How is Your personal data collected?
8.1 We use different methods to collect data from and about You including through:
Direct interactions. You may give Us Your personal data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data You provide when You:
- create an account on Our Mobile Application; or
- subscribe to Our Services.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As You interact with Our website, We will automatically collect Technical Data about Your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see Our Cookie Notice for further details.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about You from various third parties and public sources as set out below.
Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google; and
- advertising networks such as Facebook ads and Google ads.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery’s
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
9. Use of Personal Data
9.1 We will only use Your personal data when the law allows Us to. Most commonly, We will use Your personal data where:
- We need to perform the Services;
- it is necessary for Our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and Your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- We need to comply with a legal obligation.
9.2 Generally, We do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your personal data although We will get Your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to You via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting Us.
10. Purposes for which we will use your personal data
10.1 We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways We plan to use Your personal data and which of the legal bases We rely on to do so. Note that We may process Your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which We are using Your data. Please contact Us if You need details about the specific legal ground We are relying on to process Your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To register you as a new user||
||Performance of a contract with You.|
We strive to provide You with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
10.3 Promotional Offers
We may use Your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what We think You may want or need, or what may be of interest to You. This is how We decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for You. You will receive marketing communications from us if You have requested information from Us or purchased from Us and You have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
10.4 Third-Party Marketing
We will get Your express opt-in consent before We share Your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes. In any case, We will require those parties to keep such data confidential and secure and to use it solely for the purpose of providing the specified services to Us. Furthermore, We may at certain instances grant permission to football clubs to access the content of Users who selected their team as their favourite; in such cases, the User content would be disclosed on an anonymous basis for the purpose for general marketing purposes.
10.5 Opting Out
You can ask Us or third parties to stop sending You marketing messages at any time by contacting Us at any time. Where You opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to Us as a result of a product/service purchase, product/service experience or other transactions.
11. Change of Purpose
We will only use Your personal data for the purposes for which We collected it, unless We reasonably consider that We need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If You wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact Us. If We need to use Your personal data for an unrelated purpose, We will notify you and We will explain the legal basis which allows Us to do so.
Please note that We may process Your personal data without Your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
12.2 Any other third party if We are under a duty to disclose or share Your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property and or safety of Fanera, Our personnel or others.
12.3 Any other third party for the purposes of acting in accordance with the requirements of a court, regulator or government agency, for example complying with a search warrant or court order or acting in accordance with an applicable law or regulation.
12.4 We require all third parties to respect the security of Your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow Our third-party service providers to use Your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process Your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with Our instructions.
13. Data Security
We value Your trust in providing Us Your personal information, thus We strive to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and We cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any such transmission is done at Your own risk. If You believe that Your interaction with Us is no longer secure, please contact Us.
14. Data Retention
14.1 We will only retain Your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes We collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain Your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if We reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to Our relationship with You.
14.2 To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, We consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of Your personal data, the purposes for which We process Your personal data and whether We can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
14.3 In some circumstances We will anonymise Your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case We may use this information indefinitely without further notice to You.
15. User Rights
- request access to Your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables You to receive a copy of the personal data We hold about You and to check that We are lawfully processing it;
- request correction of the personal data that We hold about You. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data We hold about you corrected, though We may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to Us;
- request erasure of Your personal data. This enables You to ask Us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for Us continuing to process it. Please include as much information as possible regarding which data You would like to be deleted. The request will be escalated to the proper team for evaluation and processing. We will reach out every step of the way to keep You updated on the deletion progress. After an additional thirty-three (33) days, Your account will be permanently deleted. This means that Your account, account settings, friends, content, comments, device data and location data in Our main user database will be deleted.
request restriction of processing of Your personal data. This enables You to ask Us to suspend the processing of Your personal data in the following scenarios:
- where You want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- where Our use of the data is unlawful, but You do not want Us to erase it;
- where You need Us to hold the data even if We no longer require it as You need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- You have objected to Our use of Your data, but We need to verify whether We have overriding legitimate grounds to use it;
- withdraw consent at any time where We are relying on consent to process Your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before You withdraw your consent. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide certain products or services to You. We will advise You if this is the case at the time You withdraw Your consent.
If You wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact Us.
16. Contact Us